AEE Rocky Mountain Regional Conference Keynote Speech, April 7, 2006

Experiential Education:
A Fragile and Incomplete Project
by Jay Roberts, Assistant Prof and Education Director of
Wilderness Programs at Earlham College

"The time is right for Experiential Education as a field to take a hard look at where we are and the future challenges and possibilities that lie before us. I believe our work in this field is both fragile and incomplete...

...and I hope to share with you both my concerns and my hopes for the field as we move forward...I am not cynical about the future. I have hope for our field and for the project of education in the United States. I believe now, perhaps more than ever, we need the values, beliefs, and ideals of experiential education for our children. But this hope is not a blind optimism. There are forces allied against such a vision of the future. There is much work to be done. So I have a hope without illusion and I would like to share this vision with you as we look toward the future of our schools, and our democracy."

Read Entire Speech

Labels: ,

posted by Jay @ 6/05/2007,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Add an Event to the MIEN Calendar!